Welcome to the Parish of Wangaratta West and the Warbys
The Parochial District is part of the Diocese of Wangaratta in North East Victoria.
It includes the western part of the City of Wangaratta and the districts of Taminick and Glenrowan.
It was formed in 1991 and has developed to provide a friendly parish that is open to the community with a modern Catholic tradition.
St Michael’s Church Wangaratta West was built as a hall in 1961 and has been extended and refurbished extensively since to meet the needs of the local community. It was consecrated in 2001.
St Paul’s Church, Glenrowan: the present building was built in local stone in 1959 to replace an older wooden structure. It is situated behind the famous Jones’ Hotel where Ned Kelly and his Gang were captured. The new extension of a Vestry, Parish hall and Ablution facilities were dedicated on 26 June 2016.
St Michael’s is at the corner of O’Leary and Appin Streets in Wangaratta.
Services at St Michael’s are a Eucharist at 9.30 am each Sunday.
St Paul’s is in Church St, Glenrowan.
Services are held each Sunday at 11.00 am.
Morning Prayer is led by Parishioners on the 1st and 3rd Sunday.
Eucharist is Celebrated on the 2nd and 4th Sunday.
St George’s is in Upper Taminick Road, Taminick.
Services are on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month at 8.00 am
The Anglican Chapel of Our Lady and St John, St John’s Village, 113 Williams Road, Wangaratta.
Our Parish Priest is Archdeacon Neil Hicks.
Father Neil came to the Parish in July 2022.